Sunday, July 16, 2006

TreePad

I am always in search of products to assist me in my consulting profession. I deal with large amount of data and information. Data capture, analyses, visualization and presentation techniques and tools create a great deal of interest in me. One of the needs I identified was a tool to help me capture and categorize information in a hierarchical manner. I tried a few custom Excel and VBA based solutions but then found about Treepad. As its name suggests, it is a combination of a Windows Explorer type hierarchical presentation layer and and a notepad type information capture area for each of the nodes in the tree. It has many features which you can read in their web site but the one I liked most is the ability to generate a website from the Treepad content. This tool became one of my favorite "tools of the trade".